Please note the following important car rental pick-up and drop-off changes at Sydney Domestic Airport (T2 & T3 Terminals).
Effective Thursday, 1st December 2022, due to unforeseen and urgent unscheduled works at Sydney Airport (Domestic T2 and T3) all Domestic car rental companies’ vehicle pick-ups and drop-offs will take place at temporary facilities on Ross Smith Avenue in the South-East Sector (see map below).
Please note, this relates to Sydney Airport Domestic (T2 and T3 Terminals) only, and does not affect operations at the International Terminal (T1).
- All domestic vehicle returns will take place in the South-East Sector on Ross Smith Avenue (see above map) and not at the P1 carpark
- If you are returning a vehicle from Sydney south, or via the M5 motorway, please turn left into Butler Road from General Holmes Drive (BP Service Station) and then turn left at the round-about onto Ross Smith Avenue. You will then see signs to Hertz Car Rental new temporary location
- If you are returning a vehicle from Sydney CBD, north or eastern suburbs, please turn right into General Holmes Drive from Southern Cross Drive. Turn left into Ross Smith Avenue and follow Ross Smith Avenue. Proceed straight at roundabout and you will see signs to the Hertz car rental temporary location
- Car rentals desks will be located at T2 or T3 Terminals.
- Staff will direct customers to the complimentary shuttle bus provided by Sydney Airport.
Complimentary Shuttle Bus Transfers:
- Returning your Car – A complimentary shuttle bus will be provided to transport customers between the temporary Hertz car rental area and T2 and T3 Domestic Terminals.
- Collecting your car – Please follow the car rental signage at the T2 and T3 Domestic Terminals and the pick-up points to the dedicated free shuttle bus pick-up areas.
- A free car rental shuttle service provided by Sydney Airport will transport customers from dedicated kerbside stops outside the T2 and T3 Terminals to the temporary car rental pick up point on Ross Smith Avenue in the South-East Sector
- Only customers with an existing car rental booking will be able to access the complimentary car rental shuttle service from T2 and T3 Terminals to the pick-up point
- Customers without a booking must arrange a car rental at the in-terminal rental car desks at T2 and T3 prior to accessing the free shuttle service
Please allow additional time for Pick Up and Drop Off to make your flight:
- To allow enough time to shuttle to or from the car rental pick up point and the T2 and T3 Domestic Terminals, Sydney Domestic Airport is advising all customers to allow for an additional 30-minute or more transit time.