Thursday 3 August, thirty sales and client managers from various Helloworld Business Travel agents around Sydney gathered for a Market Awareness and Benchmarking Day, held at the Qantas Campus in Mascot NSW.
Leveraging on the collective knowledge and combined experience of members within the group, Helloworld Business Travel (HWBT) facilitated honest discussions around key areas of the market affecting their businesses, such as; a deeper understanding of the corporate market, positioning approaches, technology
solutions, client retention and RFP strategies as well as 2018 industry forecasts just to name a few. Qantas was also on hand to host a session on how to better grow their Qantas Business Rewards program within the network as well.
Based on the high amount of positive feedback from attendees, HWBT has declared that they will integrate these type of detailed sessions into their already existing quarterly member forums on a 6 monthly basis around the country. “The feedback from all the participants has been nothing less than incredible. It’s testimony to the strength and values of the Helloworld Business Travel Network that we are able to come together and strategise these common challenges collectively” noted David Padman, Head of Corporate, Associate and Affiliate networks at Helloworld Travel.
A similar strategy day will be held in Melbourne and Perth in August and September, giving other agencies the opportunity to also engage in this highly productive and insightful event.
Helloworld Travel Limited overview:
• Helloworld Travel Limited (ASX: HLO) is a leading Australian & New Zealand travel distribution
company, comprising retail travel franchise operations, destination management services (inbound),
air ticket consolidation, wholesale, corporate and online operations. This includes “Helloworld
Travel”, Australia’s largest network of franchised travel agents, as well as our Corporate, Associate,
Affiliate and Travel Broker networks, Qantas Holidays, Go Holidays in New Zealand, AOT Inbound,
ATS Pacific, QBT, Sunlover Holidays and Insider Journeys
• “Helloworld travel” is a nationwide network of independently owned and operated retail travel
agencies offering Australia and New Zealand outstanding service, and the best value, tailor-made
leisure and corporate travel experiences
• HLO has over 2000 staff located in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, the USA, South East Asia, India and
• Helloworld Travel is the proud major sponsor of:
– Volleyball Australia and the Helloworld Travel Volleyroos men’s and women’s national teams;
– Basketball Australia and the Boomers, the Australian Men’s Basketball team; Helloworld Travel is a sponsor of the Carlton Football Club and Helloworld Business Travel is the naming rights sponsor of the ‘Carlton IN Business’ program.