We are getting ready for the first day of two-way quarantine-free travel between Australia and New Zealand this coming Monday 19 April, with more than 5,000 passengers expected to travel on the day to be reunited with whanau and friends with 30 flights operating to/from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, the Gold Coast and Perth and Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch!
Please see below a list of entry requirements for both New Zealand and Australia to ensure your customers are ready for their trans-Tasman travel.
To be eligible to travel to New Zealand on a quarantine-free flight, customers must:
- Meet standard Immigration requirements for New Zealand as found here.
- Have been in New Zealand or Australia for 14 days prior to travel.
- During the 14-day period before travel, not had a positive COVID-19 test (or if they have, they must have written advice from a health practitioner that they are no longer infectious).
- Not be awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test that was undergone during the 14-day period.
- Complete a Travel Declaration form prior departure.
- Answer a set of health declaration questions at check-in.
- Customers will not be able to travel if they have cold or flu symptoms as follows:
- New or worsening cough
- Fever (at least 38 degrees Celsius)
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense or smell
- Customers with pre-existing conditions which display like cold or flu symptoms (e.g. hay fever) must provide medical evidence in a form of medical certificate or letter from doctor confirming the existing condition at check-in to avoid being denied boarding.
- Customers are not required to present a negative COVID-19 pre-departure test when travelling quarantine-free to New Zealand.
- Download the COVID-19 tracing app and show this upon arrival into New Zealand.
Please note, the New Zealand Government has signalled that if there are community cases of COVID-19 in Australia and flights are paused, it may require people travelling to or returning to New Zealand to get tested for COVID-19 before travelling.
Visit the New Zealand Government website for the most up to date information about quarantine-free travel to New Zealand.
Check-in times for trans-Tasman flights
|We would like to advise agents of the following check-in time for trans-Tasman flights.
· International – 3 hours prior to departure, with the exception to the first flight of the day where International check-in opens at 3.45am.· When travelling from a regional New Zealand airport to connect with a flight to Australia – 2 hours prior to departure.